Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) – Give Wings to Your MBBS Dream
Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) is an integral department of Kazan federal university (Volga region) KFU, established in 1930. Students from all over the world enroll to pursue a high-quality MBBS program from the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology. Get 100% assistance and support for Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) admission in Russia.
Many students interested in applying for the MBBS course in Russia often could not distinguish between Kazan Federal University and the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB). Let’s make it clear as a crystal so that students can go ahead with the admission in Medicine in IFMB with uniform minds. We will put in all the details concerning medical courses in Russia provided by the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, Kazan University.
Kazan (Volga region) Federal University is composed of 18 primary education institutes. Among them, the medical education department, Russia is called the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology. It is popular by several names such as Kazan (Volga region) Federal University, Kazan University, IFMR Kazan University, and Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology, Kazan University. It is the various names of the university that create all mixed up for foreign or international students. IFMB Kazan University admission opens for a very short span of time. Doctors-IEA team will help Indian students to apply for medicine course in IFMB at the right time and before the deadline. We also equipped you with the information on Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology fees and Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology ranking.
Overview of Kazan Federal University
Kazan Federal University is the second oldest university in Russia. It is a non-profit public higher education institution that is established in 1804 located in the Volga region of Kazan, the Republic of Tatarstan in Russia. The university has a branch campus in Naberezhnye Chelny and Yelabuga. It is duly recognized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation. It offers a coeducation education system with over 45000 enrollment range for students. There are more than 3000 professors, researchers serving their excellence in the university. Kazan Federal University provides several academic and non-academic facilities to foreign students such as housing facilities, sports, library, etc. Moreover, it also facilitates them to study abroad and exchange programs, distant learning programs, online courses, and administrative services.
Kazan Federal University is popular for its academic schools in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Linguistics. It allows research and development in domains such as biomedicine, pharmacology, physics, chemistry, oil & gas, geology, nanotechnology, information technology, cultural studies, humanities, psychology, pedagogy, and inter-disciplinary fields. It has a national research center comprising 33 modern and advanced laboratories. They are consistently involved in research in the field of applied radiophysics, applied mathematical modeling, electrosynthesis of aromatic compounds, and economics. The proposed laboratories in the fields of biology, physics, biomedicine, chemistry, geology, and ecology are in the pipeline.
History of Kazan Federal University
In 1804 when the KFU was established, by the order of Alexander, it was entitled to Imperial University of Kazan. A few of the first departments established at the university were the Department of Anatomy, the Department of Physiology, the Department of Medicine, and the Department of Natural History and Botanics.
Medicine was inducted into the university in the year 1806 by an Anatomist I.P. Kamensky and a Physician K.F. Fuchs. In 1807, prof. I.O. Brown took over I.P. Kemensky at the Department of Anatomy. The history and glory of Kazan Federal University are extensively associated with prestigious and eminent Biologists and Physicians such as E. Eversmann, K. Fuchs, S. Zimnitsky, A. Kowalewski, V. Gruzdev, S. Samoilov, P. Lesgaft, and many more. From 1827 to 1846, the university is successfully led by the immense contribution of renowned mathematicians Nikolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky.
In 1930, the Medical Faculty was separated from Kazan University. Consequently, Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) was formed. In 1933, the Faculty of Biology was opened at the University. In the year 2010, it got qualified for federal status and was reckoned among the top 15 universities that participated in the Russian Academic Excellence Project held by the government of Russia. Since then the university has been involved in continuous efforts towards improving and enhancing the global competitiveness among the leading research and innovation centers worldwide.
In the year 2012, the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology was founded by the Biology and Soil Faculty of KFU. All medical departments were newly formed by immense contribution and dedicative endeavor the best assignees of the medical community and science of Tatarstan. KFU’s purpose and priority in medical training are teaching the fundamental approach that will help graduates to become a new generation of doctors, enable them to understand the causes and mechanisms of the processes occurring in the body of a healthy or sick person.
KFU (IFMB) Quick Fact Check
|Name of the University||Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology)|
|Location||Volga Region, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia|
|Popular Name/Abbrev.||Kazan (Volga region) Federal University, IFMB Kazan Federal|
|Year of Establishment||1804|
|Number of Faculties in IFMB||3|
|Medium of Instruction||English/Russian|
|NEET Required||Yes, It is Required & Mandatory|
|Courses Offered||General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy|
|Minimum percentage required||50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology aggregate|
|IELTS/TOEFL||Accepted, not mandatory|
|Fees for MBBS||6000 USD/ (approx) Each Year|
|Duration of MBBS||6 Years|
|University Recognition||WHO, NMC of India Approved|
|University World Ranking||World Ranking – #370 (Sources: QS World Rankings)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in Russia|
|Contact Official Representative||Doctors-IEA, website:- www.doctorsiea.in|
Special Highlight of KFU:
- KFU is 216 years old and among the top-rated higher educational institutions in Russia.
- Kazan Federal University offers 6 years of MBBS course including one year of internship.
- The university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools which means students can work anywhere in the world after the completion of their MBBS degrees.
- KFU is known for its high quality of education and research in an assortment of fields.
- The university is blessed to have almost 3000 eminent professors who are adept and expert in the domain.
- It has more than 45000 students including international students.
- 300 Bachelor’s, Postgraduate programs, Specialist and Master’s Degree programs.
- More than 3000 professors, researchers serving their excellence in the university.
- Kazan Federal University has a robust infrastructure for scientific exploration that includes research centers for excellence to compete globally.
- There are further 80 research and training laboratories.
- To deliver speeches in research seminars and conduct joint research programs, more than 300 international faculties from all parts of the world visited KFU every year.
At present, the component of Kazan Federal University includes 17 institutes, 3 high schools, 2 faculties, 4 departments for under-graduation and post-graduation, and 3 branches located around the vicinity of the Volga region.
Faculties at KFU:
- Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology
- Institute of Environment Sciences
- Alexander Butlerov Institute of Chemistry
- Institute of Engineering
- Higher Institute of Information Technologies and Intelligent Systems
- Institute of Computational Mathematics and Information Technologies
- Nikolai Lobachevsky Institute of Mathematics & Mechanics
- Institute of Physics
- Institute of International Relations
- Higher School of business
- Institute of Management, Economics, and Finance
- Leo Tolstoy Institute of Philology and Intercultural Communication
- Institute of Psychology and Education
- Institute of Social and Philosophical Science and Mass Communication
- Naberezhnye Institute
- Yelabuga Institute
- Faculty of Law
Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB), Kazan University
Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB) is part of the KFU. It is established in 1930. It has more than 200 partner organizations in Russia where medical students are placed for practical learning and clinical training. Over the years, it has IFMiB, Kazan University has gained global popularity in terms of rendering top-notch medical education to international students. Doctors-IEA, an authorized representative, will provide you complete assistance in getting admission to the university. Contact us for a hassle-free admission process.
At present, there are more than 1700 students studying in various Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. programs in the institute with more than 250 represented by foreign students. Post-2013, the university re-inducts medical courses wherein more than 500 students enrolled.
Why MBBS in Kazan Federal University (IFMB)?
A few of the most significant reasons to take admission to a particular MBBS university are quality of education, top faculties, and adequate infrastructure. IFMB at Kazan Federal scores highly on these measures and terms. It has an adequate number of adept and experienced faculties – most of them having Ph.D. degrees and others have a scientific background. It has excellent state of the art infrastructure needed for both classroom learning and practical training. Other staff and research trainers are in accord with international profiles. In addition to that, the Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) fee structure is also reasonably low as compared to Indian private medical colleges. The university has exclusive tie-up and collaboration with many international and national organizations. These collaborations are quite productive and help to enhance health care contribution and organize top-level research in the field of medicine. It also lifts up the performance and reputation of the university as well as Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) country ranking and global ranking. Some other good reasons to apply for IFMB for MBBS course include as such below:
- English as a medium of MBBS course for foreign students with affordable cost of living.
- WHO, UNESCO, and NMC approved medical institutions.
- Proper encouragement and environment for practice, research, and development.
- A large number of international students enrolled every year in the university.
- Subsidized and reasonably low Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) MBBS fees (lesser than Indian private colleges).
- Positive comments and reviews by the students studying in the university.
- High global ranking.
- Top-notch infrastructure, structured with high-end equipment.
- Entrance exam or IELTS/TOEFL required.
- Globally recognized degree.
What Indian students need to do to get admission to MBBS at IFMB Kazan Federal University?
Indian students need to apply online for Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) admission. Students or parents may not be well-informed of the entire admission procedure and Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) MBBS fees in India. Under the circumstances, it is recommended to consult Doctors-IEA admission as we are the official representative of this university. It is so because we often heard of incidents where due to lack of information and knowledge and complexity of involved in foreign university admission they get in the trap of fake agents who often attract them with non-existing schemes without providing them adequate information and guidance compulsorily needed to make the incisive or right decision. Moreover, there is also a risk of enrolling in the Russian medium MBBS program which you only know later and as a student, you can’t do much about this blunder. It risks not only the waste of time and money but your entire dream of becoming a doctor.
Note: Doctors-IEA team of experts will not only help you through the entire process but also provide complete information regarding Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) fees and Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) hostel facility available for foreign students.
IFMB, Kazan University comprises of the following:
- 3 educational and scientific basis
- IFMiB MSC University Clinic – Center for Simulation and Simulation Training
- 30 research laboratories
- Botanical Garden
- Botanical and Zoological Museums
There are eight departments under the high school of medicine, such as:
- Department of Pharmacy Anatomical Museum
- Department of Human Health
- Department of Emergency Medicine and Simulation Medicine
- Department of Dentistry and Implantology
- Department of Surgery, pediatrics, and Gynecology
- Department of Fundamental principles of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Bioecology and Hygiene and Public Health
- Department of Morphology and General Pathology
Cost and duration for MBBS in IFMB Kazan
As far as the duration of the MBBS course in IFMB is concerned, it takes 6 years to complete MBBS for those who have chosen English as their medium of study and 7 years for Russian Medium.
Fees for Medicine (MBBS)
|Fees Pattern||1st year||2nd year to 6th year||Grand Total|
|Tuition Fee||6250 USD||6250 USD||37,500 USD Total|
|Total in INR||Rs 4,60,000||Rs 4,60,000||Rs 27,60,000|
*Tuition fees are fixed for six years.
*Students who will live in a private hostel or apartment fee will differ for them.
Doctors-IEA team would like to inform you that the exchange rate is extremely volatile and is subjected to change, in such a scenario the fees shown above may differ from the actual price due to a change in the exchange rate and other factors. Candidates are requested to check the current exchange rate before initiating the admission process.
Ranking and Recognition
The university has an encouraging ranking. Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) ranking in the world is 370 in QS Global World University Rankings 2021. As far as Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) country ranking is concerned, it is among the top ten medical universities that are highly sought after by many Indian students.
- Kazan Federal (IFMiB) is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science, Russia.
- It is recognized and approved by WHO and NMC of India.
Hostel facility for Foreign Students at IFMiB, Kazan University
The hostel facility is available for foreign students. The Kazan Federal University Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology hostel campus is known as Universiade. The hostel building is well-furnished and equipped with all kinds of modern and essential amenities. The nearby facilities comprise a salon, laundry, medicine store, copy center, restaurant, cafeteria, etc. Due to convenient accommodation and all facilities it gets admiring and appreciable Kazan Federal University (Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology) reviews from the studying students. Students have an option to choose from single, double, or triple sharing rooms.
Admission Procedure to Study MBBS in Institute of Fundamental Medicine & Biology (IFMB-KFU) in Simple Steps:
- STEP-1: Call or Visit Doctors-IEA Team Official representative of University.
- STEP-2: Properly fill the online application form of the Kazan Federal University-IFMB.
- STEP-3: After filling the online application form, the candidate will receive an offer letter from the university.
- STEP-4: Pay processing fees and then submit all essential documents required to get admission to NMC recognized medical college-Kazan federal university-IFMB.
- STEP-5: After receiving processing fees and original documents, the Doctors-IEA team will apply for an invitation letter and visa documentation.
- STEP-6: After getting the Visa, the Doctors-IEA team will arrange tickets and all a proper set of documents to fly for a particular university with a group of students and their representatives.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for study MBBS at the Institute of Fundamental Medicine & Biology (IFMB-KFU) for Indians?
Eligibility criteria for study MBBS in IFMB (KFU) are based on your 12th standard marks or grades.
- You should be at the age of 17 on or before 31st December during the current year of admission.
- The students must have secured 50% marks for General and 45% for ST/OBC/SC in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in their 12th or higher secondary done through from CBSE/State Board or any other equivalent board.
- NEET (Qualified marks) is mandatory to study MBBS in IFMB (KFU).
- Only regular students can apply not from open school.
The admission process begins by you sending us the scanned copy of the documents listed below, for more details or free counseling consult Doctors-IEA officially authorized representative of IFMB (KFU) for Indian and Foreign students.
Documents required for study MBBS in IFMB (KFU) (For Indian Students)
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter.
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- 10th, 12th Certificates, and mark-sheets.
- 20 passport size photographs (35*45 mm @80% face at the matte finish paper with a white background.
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
For Other Countries:
- Filled application form with fee guarantee letter
- Passport with a validity of a minimum of two years.
- Secondary school certificate (English, Chemistry & Biology)
- Medical tests: HIV test, X-Ray Chest, Blood test, Health Fitness certificate.
- 20 Photos (passport size 35*45 mm at the matte paper)
We will get you the admission letter and invitation letter from the university. We will also guide you through the entire process and will complete all documentation including visa, ticket (for Indian students), For other countries aspirants, we will provide admission and invitation letter and will provide complete guidelines regarding visas, tickets. An incoming student enrolled through Doctors-IEA Team will receive by an official representative of IFMB (KFU) at Moscow airport or at Kazan International Airport Kazan.
Preparation for FMGE/NEXT Screening Test:
As an official representative of IFMB (KFU), we put all the information quite vividly for both students and parents. Students pursuing MBBS from IFMB (KFU) to appear and clear the NMC screening test in order to get a license for practicing the medical profession in India. It is mandatory for all foreign return Medical graduates. The students can apply for FMGE registration when they come back to India after the completion of the MBBS course abroad. It is held in December and June (Twice a year). The student has to obtain 150 marks out of 300, there is no negative marking in the FMGE exam (NMC).
In IFMB (KFU), we provide online coaching for the FMGE screening exam. All the topics are properly explained in a detailed manner. It offers a great helping hand to students.
Kazan city at a glance:
Kazan is a multinational and multi-confessional city with millennium history, situated in the center of Europe. The University is located in the historical center of Kazan city and it’s easy to get from the dormitory to University by underground metro. Kazan is a world-known place for international sport and cultural events like Universiade 2013 (World Student Games), FINA World Aquatics Championships 2015, 21st FIFA World Cup (2018), International Festival of Muslim Cinema, International Classical Ballet and Opera Festivals, and others. The public transport system is extensively developed and is used by a large number of people for daily commuting. It consists of buses, trolleybuses, trams, and metro (subways). There is an International airport in the city. Welcome to Kazan city and KFU.
International Students can take direct flights from their native country to Kazan International Airport Rostov. It’s located in the city (Every day flights are available)
Advantage of Studying Medicine in Russia at IFMB
- The entrance exam for foreign students
- No donation or capitation fees for Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) admission
- World-class education and robust infrastructure for practical learning and research training
- Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) scholarship for Indian students who are intelligent and deserving
- A convenient procedure for admission and fast process
- Compulsory medical insurance for students
- Affordable livelihood for students in Russia
- Long winter and summer vacation to meet family
- International exposure and a high level of student’s engagement and participation
- Worldwide popular Medical tourism in Russia
- Plenty of social, cultural, traditional, and sports activity
- The top-level conference, seminar, and educational meeting transpire
Opportunity and extracurricular activities galore at IFMB Kazan Federal University
The university offers lots of opportunities to the student enrolling in the MBBS course. It also gives importance to the well-being of its students and their integration in the quality-led MBBS program. You will be exposed to an international environment and get an opportunity to meet different cultural backgrounds and people of a broader mind and horizon. It also helps you to understand and inculcate the ability to perform at the global level once you become a doctor.
The university let you unleash your extracurricular talent. It has several sports halls, swimming, pool, gym, ice-rink, various students club, and groups that encourage students to participate in different activities. Students are also encouraged to take part in plenty of sports activities such as aerobics, table-tennis, basketball, football, martial arts, volleyball, throw the ball, climbing, athletics (both track & field), and more.
Valuable Insight from Doctors-IEA
Over the years, there is a significant rise in the number of NMC recognized and approved MBBS universities in Russia. As a result, there is a flood of information on the internet related to medical admission in Russia, among them many information is faulty and misleading. It also gives birth to fake agents who are not worthy of consulting at all. To avoid all such incidents, and not let students and parents confused and apply perfectly in the most appropriate and highly acknowledged MBBS University in Russia, Doctors-IEA has formed a team of expert and qualified team of academic consultants. Get in touch with us to know everything you want. We provide every detail and information with sheer commitment and transparency.
Frequently Asked Question for IFMB (Kazan Federal University)
Q – Is IFMB part of Kazan Federal University?
Yes, Kazan (Volga region) Federal University is composed of 18 primary education institutes. Among them, the medical education department, Russia is called the Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology.
Q – How good is the quality of faculties at IFMB Kazan Federal?
The faculties at IFMB Kazan Federal are highly experienced and knowledgeable. Most of them having Ph.D. degrees in Science and research training.
Q – Why Russia is reckoned an affordable place for world-class medical education?
There are several WHO and NMC recognized MBBS universities in Russia that are truly non-profit and funded by the Federal Government. Moreover, the government provides subsidy on education as well.
Q – Do I need to go through any entrance exam to get entry at IFMB medical course?
Yes, admission will be based on the entrance exam & your previous academic record where a minimum of 50% aggregate is required in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Q – What can students and parents expect from the Doctors-IEA team?
We help students and parents in all sphere of getting admission in Russia. We are an authorized and official representative. From honest counseling to settling down in the medical university, we lend your comprehensive support. You can contact us to know more.
Doctors-IEA Services at a glance
Doctors-IEA is the leading consultant and official representative for MBBS in Russia. We impart the following services:
- Filling and submission of online application form for admission.
- Receiving university invitation letter on student’s behalf.
- Visa Assistance.
- Flight arrangement from Delhi to Moscow or Delhi-Moscow-Kazan.
- Receiving students at Moscow Airport.
- Procuring hostel or accommodation arrangement around Indian community.
- Providing all sorts of assistance to students to settle down in Russia.
- Arrangement of food/mess for an Indian students.
Note: Speak to our education consultant or advisor which is absolutely free of cost. Get all important counseling regarding study abroad options. During the consultation, you will be informed about the entire application procedures, accommodation or Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) hostel, travel arrangements, Kazan Federal University (Institute of fundamental medicine and biology) reviews, and many more. You will also get information about continuous education or post-graduation study abroad.
Call for more details about the university, admission, processing, fees at MBBS in IFMB (KFU), Russia:
+91-7428212236, 7428203118, 8010503035
Toll-free 1800-419-5827 (For Indian Students), +79515174507 (International Students)
Students or parents can write to us at WhatsApp also: +917428212236, +79515174507